Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

It may be spring, but...

Mother Nature put me in my place today and reminded me to be careful how far ahead of the game I was getting.  Even though I have mown the lawn and temperatures have been above normal, I need to remember that it is still April in Northwestern Vermont. 

Today there was snow!

Not accumulating snow, mind you, but snow nonetheless.  I am definitely behind in my greenhouse plantings, but a little part of me was thinking I could get some vegetables and herbs in the raised beds and maybe even the garden itself and skip the greenhouse or cold frames altogether.  Today was my reminder that the traditional planting date for this area is Memorial Day for a reason.  I don't think I will be waiting that long but I will ask DH to put an extra layer of tarp on the eight-week-old birds we put outside in the chicken tractor this week as temperatures are forecast to be in the upper 20's tonight.
Photo from Scratchcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment