Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Amazing tan

Winter sunset on the farm
"Look at how tan you are!"  It is true that I have a 'great summer tan,' but it isn't from laying out on my lounge chair reading 50 Shades of Grey. 

"Who does your hair?  Your highlights are fantastic."  But those didn't come from taking a leisurely swim in the lake and allowing the sun to wick the moisture from my skin.

"You look so relaxed."  But it isn't from snoozing the afternoon away in the hammock or playing with little man on a blanket in the back yard.

The truth is, so far this year I haven't made it into the lake that lies a mere 500 feet from the front of the house.  Though I have heard tell of the trilogy of novels that has every woman a buzz, the last book I read was authored by Joel Salatin.  Playing with the little man has occurred primarily indoors, though we do take him outside everyday.

The lovely bronze skin and the 'best highlights' are naturally occurring results of spending 60-80% of my day working outdoors.  There is still much to be done to get the farm performing/producing a liveable income so DH and I are outside a lot.  Between contructing outbuildings, maintaining fence, weeding gardens and flower beds, even the 20 minutes outdoors while the chicken tractors are cleaned, moved and restocked, vitamin D is absorbed.

If these comments on my improving appearance are any indication of how well the farming life looks on me - then this is further evidence that I made the right decision to work part-time and farm full-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment