Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Getting Organized

One of my goals in the new year is to get a little more organized.  Short of hiring a professional, I must force myself to sit down and go through the mountains of paperwork, the drawers of files, the binders of stuff that I have managed to collect.  Some of this information is extremely useful as it relates to crop production, farm planning and plant care.  Some of it is just pretty pictures of things I might like to incorporate into the house I hope to build on my 2.5 acre piece of heaven just a short 1/4 mile away.

The last couple of days have been spent organizing the seeds, getting the seed order ready and cleaning up the little corner of my kitchen I call an office.  The seed catalogs came in so in addition to putting the saved seeds into envelopes, I managed to get an inventory of our current seed store done as well as the order set for this year.  It will be a week or so before we have the cash to actually place the order, but it is ready and waiting in my shopping cart.

The overflowing bookshelf has been tamed.  Articles, clippings, research and magazines which contain too much information to cut out have been organized and placed into binders.  The miscellaneous computer parts and pieces have been either stored or discarded and the labels, extra copy paper and business card stock have found an organized space.  The scanning project continues.  I have managed to complete 6 days in a row of an hour a day.

Tonight is relaxing with a glass of wine, a sausage, beef and spinach meat loaf with tomato gravy and perhaps a movie, relaxing on the couch with DH.  As the snow flurries abate, the day comes to a close with a beautiful sunset.

What are your organizational plans for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment