Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rain-catchment system


This is my unusual rain-catchment system. 

Plans are on the list for an-official rain catchment system, in the meantime - the cat litter bucket and laundry detergent bucket above, as well as several five-gallon pails, make up my rain-catchment system.  So far, the rain in northwestern Vermont has occurred almost daily.  As such all of the water for the greenhouse plants has been collected from the roof of the house.

I have collected several rain gutters and leaders, but they remain resting in the basement waiting for their place in the function of the farm.  Until then, I am proud that I haven't pumped one ounce of water out of the well in order to water any of our agricultural adventures.  Now, the rabbits - that is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment