Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoop-style greenhouse

A colleague of mine, who shall remain nameless lest she be blamed with my complete disregard for the passing of time, gave me the name of a new site that I should look at while I was bored - www.pinterest.com.  Hours pass now with the perusing of great new project ideas, recipes, and so much more.  It was through Pinterest that I found the hoop-style greenhouse which we opted for to save a few dollars over a traditional stick build.  Before work this morning I was able to get the wall framing in.  Tomorrow, if the weather holds, we hope to get the plastic on.

Sod removed, frame laid directly on the soil - we need to put some Linseed oil on the 2 x 6's so they will not rot - they are not pressure treated.


Rebar added to support hoops

First hoops are put in place while the chickens pick bugs, grubs and more out of the freshly turned soil.
All the hoops and top cross members are in place - this marked the end of the first day and the first two drill bits.
This morning the end wall framing was put in place with the newly acquired drill bits.
You can see the the first greenhouse we built to the left of this newer, slightly larger one (this one is almost four times bigger).  The chickens loved helping throughout this process - save for one rooster...

I guess I must be boring

No comments:

Post a Comment