Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Woman on a mission!

One day, every other week, Little man goes to child care, his father goes to work and I don't have to work off the farm.  Two days out of the month, I compile a to-do list in my head which would humble even the best list makers and I set out to accomplish at least twenty-five percent of it.  It has finally stopped snowing in our corner of Northwestern Vermont and the temperature is forecast to be in the low forties.  A few outside projects occupy today's list and there are a few projects which require some good concentration when Jen's brain is fresh. 

Today's list includes:
  • Feed and water all the animals - everyday chore but I add it to every list lest I get side tracked on a new project and forget to do the basics.
  • Cleaning the rabbits
  • Cleaning the chicken coop
  • Putting the plastic on the greenhouse
  • Melt all the snow inside the greenhouse and clean out any uncomposted chicken coop and rabbit pine shavings and move them to the outside compost pile
  • Make laundry detergent
  • Do laundry
  • Vacuum
  • Dishes
  • Burn pile of scrap wood
  • Find lid to third sap storage container, wash out & collect sap
  • Assemble the new exercise bike I got on freecycle
  • Make website edits
  • Write a blog post - one down!
  • Balance the checkbook and pay some bills
  • Build a bookshelf for the cookbooks that have been sitting on the couch in the kitchen since before Christmas
  • Wash the grime off at least two kitchen cabinets - beginning of my true spring cleaning
  • Sort through the seed orders that came in this week and update my seed starting schedule
  • Clean off at least two feet of the work bench in the work shop; it took me 20 minutes to find the drill bit I needed for the greenhouse project, it is time to get better organized around here.
  • Patch leaking water pipe in the basement
  • Check on the new baby rabbits which began arriving last night.  Three of five does have kindled, a fourth is feverishly pulling hair today.  They were due today so I will not worry about number five until this weekend.
  • Clean the litter box, take out the garbage, make dinner, etc.
The list is long but the woman is determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment