Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Book Source

This journey into farming has been an exciting adventure; one which I hope to experience for several years to come.  Each day I learn something new (this morning - don't try to drive through a four foot snowbank and expect to get traction on a half-thawed dirt driveway).  Much of my learning this winter has come through books.  I recently posted a review on a great book by Gene Logsdon and now am here to report that I have found a great publishing company.

It didn't occur to me at first, I was simply looking for books, websites, blogs, etc. which would help me learn to do all the things I want to do to facilitate a more self-sufficient lifestyle.  If I can make a life a little easier by selling some of the excesses, that would be great too.  I came across a used copy of Making Your Small Farm Profitable by Ron Macher not too long after I moved back to Vermont and was renting about two acres in a neighboring town.  Next came a country wisdom bulletin on chickens.  Then it was Building with Stone by Charles McRaven.  Most recently it was a book from the library Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits.

WHAAAACK!! - Like a smack on the back of the head from Gibbs in NCIS it came to me - the publishing company on every one of these books is Storey Publishing.  If you are looking for research on country living - I would suggest these guys as a great place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment