Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rescued Kitten

This is 'Squeak' as he was called for his short visit with us.  Squeak was rescued by someone I work with at my 'real job' at just 3-4 weeks old.  Covered in fleas, infested with worms and shivering cold, he was a terrible sight.  I brought him home for a couple days, cleaned him up, fed him and gave him a whole lot of love.  I have rescued several animals and adopted them out to forever homes. Therefore I didn't think it was possible to get so attached to this little critter so quickly - was I wrong.

Several days later it was apparent that he was either going to stay with us for the long haul, a proposition which my four adult cats were not at all interested in entertaining, or he was going to need to find a new forever home.  Squeak came from who knows where to my house (20 miles away from where he was found), went with us to NH (230 miles round trip) for a powwow then two weeks later he went to ME to another powwow (292 miles 1 way).  He now lives way up in Millinocket, ME (another 100 miles north of the powwow grounds) with good friends of ours who we met through the North Country Intertribal Powwow - Holly and Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment